Saturday, December 3, 2016

Personal Musings on an Interactive Writing Career

I do enjoy interactive writing, but I don't enjoy it enough to be interested in a career related to it. While some aspects of interactive writing are enjoyable, writing in general is not one of my strengths. I would rather pursue a career that involves mostly editing rather than writing. If I had to finish different writing projects by deadlines created by someone else I would be stressed often and I wouldn't have fun in that career. I think it's important to look forward to working in the career you pursue. While I definitely don't hate interactive writing, I plan on looking into a career that I would enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. I think you should count writing as one of your strengths, Britt. Not wanting to pursue a stressful career is justified, though. I think you'd be a great editor. Where do you want to live to work? On an unrelated note, I talked to Tammy Condie the other day and we talked about how you are wonderful. Best, Jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get you Brittany, I really do. I don't mind writing, but I'm not a particularly creative writer. Also, my main goal is to work as an editor too. Because you've been a good group member, I guess I won't push you in front of a bus so that I can land your editing job, haha ;)

    However, I don't know many jobs that don't have deadlines. Personally, I like deadlines; they motivate me to work hard and focus, because in my heart of hearts, I am a super lazy person. I hope things work out for you in the future. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly understand wanting to focus on something you enjoy. I think whenever we start a career, we run the risk of losing the fun of what we're doing; it's not fun to do something for work versus pleasure. All careers have their stress, but we definitely have to choose what kind of stress we want to deal with through our lives, haha. I agree with Jazzy, though, that you're better at writing than you think. Stay awesome, Brittany! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting your musings, Brittany! =))

    ReplyDelete